Please note: this pattern is written in UK crochet terms
St – stitch
Sts – stitches
Ss – slip stitch
Ch – chain
Chsp – chain space
Dc – double crochet
Htr – half treble
Tr – treble
Dbtr – double treble
I used a 4mm hook and DK yarn but this pattern will scale up or down!
- Ch11, turn, skip 2ch and make 1htr in every stitch to the end (9 sts)
- Ch3 (does not count as 1st tr), *skip 1st, make 1tr in 2nd st, make 1tr in the skipped st*, repeat from * to * three times, make 1tr in last st (9 sts)
- Ch2, make 1htr in every st to the end (9 sts)
- Ch8, skip 2 sts and ss into 3rd st, ch10, skip 2 sts and ss in 3rd st, ch8, ss into last st
- Ch1 (counts as 1 st dc), working into the first 8 chsp make 1htr,3tr, 1htr, 1dc, ss into 10chsp, ch1 (counts as 1st dc) working into 10chsp make 1htr, 1tr, 2dbtr, 1tr, 1htr, 1dc, ss into second 8chsp, ch1 (counts as 1st dc), working into the 8ch sp make 1htr, 3tr, 1htr, 1dc, ss into the top of last tr from row 3. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Sew 3 small buttons onto the base of crown and 3 buttons onto the tops of the crown.
Like this pattern? Buy the Ruby and Custard Crochet book! Available on Amazon and in all good book shops!
Copyright – Melissa Masterton 2017